CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"There cannot be a better thing for us, than for us to be with the best of beings! 'To me to live is Christ--and to die is gain!' Philippians 1:21
Let our condition now be ever so great--it is Hell without Christ! let our condition now be ever so bad--it is Heaven with Christ!'I had rather be in Hell with Christ--than in Heaven without Him!' said Luther."
~ William Dyer

This sentiment of Jesus being worth far more than all treasures on Earth and in Heaven is astounding to me. Look again at what the great reformer, Martin Luther, had to say about his Savior. Read the last sentence again. Would you be able to say and truly mean those words? Could you really say you'd rather forfeit all of Heaven and suffer in a literal Hell if Jesus was there with you? How did Luther and other spiritual giants down through the ages acquire such extreme, other worldly devotion to their Savior? I believe it must come through a deep understanding of what Jesus did for them at the cross. When you understand who Jesus is (pause...) and what He did for you (pause...), the only suitable response for a redeemed human being is to live in complete devotion and unreserved allegiance to his Master, even if it costs him every last drop of comfort or pleasure. Why? Because Christ deserves it. Luther's secret was to not think of what he wanted for himself after he died, but to think about what his Savior deserved from him both in this life, and the next. Let these thoughts challenge you this week to live in such a way that your life declares, "May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering!" Kirk Cameron

Committment, what does it mean to you? Sacrifice, does your committment to Christ cost you anything? Daily examine yourself. Surrender is the first order of business. My Father God I present my body as a living sacrifice to you this day. I thank you for loving me and saving me and counting me worthy to be called your slave. My life is yours to do what you will.

0 comments: